TROPICAL BAKED OATMEAL SQUARES :)
I created this recipe from a Baked Oatmeal recipe-- that featured applesauce and didn't have Bisquick in it (I replaced 1/2 C of the oats with Bisquick)-- I however, really like the cake like texture it has now-- it holds together enough so you can pick up a square and eat it by hand. You can also bake these in a muffin tin-- use some of your (super healthy) coconut oil to oil the muffin cups!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspmelted coconut oil (found in baking aisle)
2very ripe bananas, mashed up.
1 smallcan of crushed pineapple
1 tspvanilla or coconut extract
1/2 cshredded, sweetened coconut
1/2 coriginal or heart smart bisquick
2 1/2 cdry rolled oats
2 tspbaking powder
How to Make TROPICAL BAKED OATMEAL SQUARES :)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 13" x 9" baking pan-- or use some coconut oil on a paper towel to grease your pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, bananas, pineapple, eggs, milk and extract. Mix to break up egg yolks and blend them in.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: shredded coconut, Bisquick, oats, sugar, baking powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and using a spatula, blend it all together. Once all ingredients are incorporated-- pour into your prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of your oatmeal with some additional shredded, sweetened coconut. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Once cooled, cut into about 12 squares. **This recipe also does well in greased muffin cups too**