TROPICAL BAKED OATMEAL SQUARES :)
I created this recipe from a Baked Oatmeal recipe-- that featured applesauce and didn't have Bisquick in it (I replaced 1/2 C of the oats with Bisquick)-- I however, really like the cake like texture it has now-- it holds together enough so you can pick up a square and eat it by hand. You can also bake these in a muffin tin-- use some of your (super healthy) coconut oil to oil the muffin cups!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- melted coconut oil (found in baking aisle)
- very ripe bananas, mashed up.
- 1 small
- can of crushed pineapple
- 2 large
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla or coconut extract
- 1/2 c
- shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 c
- original or heart smart bisquick
- 2 1/2 c
- dry rolled oats
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make TROPICAL BAKED OATMEAL SQUARES :)
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- 2Spray a 13" x 9" baking pan-- or use some coconut oil on a paper towel to grease your pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, bananas, pineapple, eggs, milk and extract. Mix to break up egg yolks and blend them in.
- 4In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: shredded coconut, Bisquick, oats, sugar, baking powder.
- 5Pour wet ingredients into the dry and using a spatula, blend it all together. Once all ingredients are incorporated-- pour into your prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of your oatmeal with some additional shredded, sweetened coconut. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Once cooled, cut into about 12 squares. **This recipe also does well in greased muffin cups too**