TOASTED GRANOLA CEREAL
4 cregular rolled oats
2 cwalnuts, coarsely chopped
2/3 cunsweetened dried coconut (fine or medium grated)
2/3 craw sesame seeds
1/4 craw wheat germs
6 Tbspvegetable oil
6 Tbsphoney or brown sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
3/4 tspground cardamom or cinnamon
1 1/2 craisins or dried fruits
How to Make TOASTED GRANOLA CEREAL
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Mix oats, nuts, seeds and wheat germ by hand in a large bowl.
- 2. Warm the oil in a small pan, add honey (or brown sugar) and stir gently until well blended. Add vanilla and cardamom (or cinnamon) and blend.
- 3. Drizzle over the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix thoroughly by hand.
- 4. Spread the mixture in a thin layer in one or two baking pans and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes for even toasting.
- 5. Remove from the oven and let cool for half hour. Put the granola back in the bowl and stir in the raisins or dried fruit by hand.
- Store in airtight jars in a cool place or in the refrigerator.