Super Seedy Granola Squares
Serving Size: 1 Square
Cals 148, Total Fat 7g, Sat Fat 0g, Chol 0g, Sodium 16mg, Potassium 140mg, Total Carbs 20g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 14g, Protein 3g, Vit A 1%, Calcium 3%, Iron 5%
1 1/2 crolled oats
1/2 craw almonds (chopped)
1 cpitted dates (firmly packed)
2 Tbspchia seeds
2 Tbspsunflower seeds
2 Tbspflax seeds
2 Tbsphemp seeds
1/4 cagave nectar
1/4 calmond butter (creamy)
How to Make Super Seedy Granola Squares
- Toast your oats and almonds in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Chop pitted dates into small pieces. (Seems easy than trying to do it in food processor for me)
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl. Add seeds and set aside.
- Warm agave and peanut or almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout. Use a spoon or your hands to thoroughly mix.
- Transfer to an 8×8 dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and press down with something flat, such as a book, to get them really packed tight. This will help them from being crumbly. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove from dish and chop into 16 even squares. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. I kept mine in the freezer to keep them extra fresh, but it isn’t necessary.