Steel Cut Oats
- 1 c
- steel cut oats (unprocessed oatmeal, not instant)
- 2 c
- vanilla almond milk (i use sweetened)
- 1 c
- 2-3 tsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla or cherry extract (optional)
- banana (optional)
- 1 scoop(s)
- any trail mix
How to Make Steel Cut Oats
- 1Add oatmeal to a small crock pot/slow cooker. sometimes I use my small rice cooker because of convenient size and it never sticks!
- 2Add 1- 1/2 cups of water. If cooking it on high, do not cover with lid. I usually do it this way and stir occasionally. If cooking on low, cover with lid.
- 3Cook for 20-30 min on high. The water will be absorbed and this is where I start to add almond milk, about a half cup at a time. Add Cinnamon and any other healthy ingredients you wish to throw in!
- 4Continue to stir occassionally and add milk. About 20 min more cook time on high.