Maple Sausage and Cheese Muffins
1 cbisquick mix
1lb. tube(s)jimmy dean natural sausage
2 cshredded cheese of choice
1/4 cpure maple syrup
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
1/8 tspthyme, dried
How to Make Maple Sausage and Cheese Muffins
- Brown sausage in skillet and break it up into smaller pieces to well distribute through out muffins. If you need to drain sausage please do. I've never had to.
- Add butter, maple syrup, thyme and pepper flakes to skillet and mix well until butter is melted. Turn heat off and let it cool down. I mix everything together in the skillet because I don't like to dirty too many bowls (that's just me.)
- After it's cooled down pour the cup of Bisquick over the sausage mixture, shredded cheese and beaten eggs. Mix together gently. Making sure it's well combined.
- Spoon into a non-stick muffin pan and spray a little non-stick spray just in case. Fill to the top of muffin tin as they will not rise much. Bake on 350 for 20-23 minutes.
- This recipe make 12 good size muffins.