★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- all purpose flour/cake flour
- 1 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1/2 stick
- buttercup/margarine (melted)*** but for me buttercup is much better**
- small can evaporated milk
- 2 large
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 c
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Rice Cake
- 1Sift all the dry ingredients.
- 2In a mixing bowl,add in the eggs, milk, and melted butter/margarine until fully blended. Mix it by using an electric mixer or by wooden spoon.
Fill the puto molder at least 3/4 full.. Top with strips of cheese and/or salted egg. Repeat the process for the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Arrange filled moulds in the steamer.
- 4Place a cheese cloth on top of the steamer to prevent water drips.
- 5Steam for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clear.
Cover it again for about 1 minute until the cheese becomes melted. Serve it while it is nice and hot!