★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour/cake flour
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 stickbuttercup/margarine (melted)*** but for me buttercup is much better**
1small can evaporated milk
2 Tbspbaking powder
·pinch of salt
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Rice Cake
- Sift all the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl,add in the eggs, milk, and melted butter/margarine until fully blended. Mix it by using an electric mixer or by wooden spoon.
Fill the puto molder at least 3/4 full.. Top with strips of cheese and/or salted egg. Repeat the process for the rest of the ingredients.
- Arrange filled moulds in the steamer.
- Place a cheese cloth on top of the steamer to prevent water drips.
- Steam for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clear.
Cover it again for about 1 minute until the cheese becomes melted. Serve it while it is nice and hot!