Rice and Beans Breakfast Bowl
We like this meal because it keeps us going until lunch time with no pick-me-ups in between. I have some red bowls that are narrow at the bottom and flare out at the top, that make for a good presentation. Although most of the time making this dish is in the prep, each one of the garnishes adds another layer of flavor to the dish.
- rice, cooked, your favorite
- black beans, heated or not
- 2 eggs, soft or over easy for each person
- salsa, your favorite
- sour cream, green onions, cilantro
- grated cheddar, mexican or cojack cheese
- corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- lime wedges
- jalapeño sliced thin
- avocado, sliced or cubed
How to Make Rice and Beans Breakfast Bowl
- 1Heat the rice and place in bottom of a bowl, top with the beans, followed by the eggs. Use salsa to dress it up and any garnishes that you like. I do not use salt all that often but this can be seasoned with Adobo, found in your grocery store. If not available, salt and pepper will do. Give it a squeeze of lime to brighten the flavors of the dish.
- 2Serve with warm tortillas, butter and cinnamon (optional)