Philippines - Tortang Talong - Eggplant Omelet
Tortang Talong is a healthy eggplant recipes that Filipino loves to cook because it’s budget friendly and very tasty. A little bit of patience is required because of the grilling or broiling, peeling then cooking it again… but the end result is very satisfying.
This dish is often served with rice and drizzled with spicy ketchup or soy sauce with calamansi.
How to Make Philippines - Tortang Talong - Eggplant Omelet
- 1Broil eggplants until tender (the skins are charred and blister appears).
- 2Once cool, peel off the skins of the eggplant and retain the crown and the stem.
Gently flatten its meat by using the back of a fork.
- 3In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- 4In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant, one at a time into the egg mixture. Gently bring the bowl near the skillet and tip, lowering the eggplant onto the heated oil.
- 5Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and brown the other.
Drain on paper towels.
Keep warm and serve.