Pancakes by Grandpa V.
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 cmilk
3 Tbspbutter melted
2 tspvanilla extract
SIFT ALL DRY INGREDIENTS THEN STIR IN THE WET INGREDIENTS
How to Make Pancakes by Grandpa V.
- Measure dry ingredients into a sifter. Sift all dry together into mixing bowl. Can add more or less sugar depending on taste at this point.
- Measure out milk, add the egg and beat just until mixed. Melt butter (or margarine) and stir into milk/egg mix. Add the vanilla extract 1 to 2 teaspoons, more or less to taste.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir until moistened. Some lumps will remain. Do Not over mix or the pancakes will come out thin and tough.
- Pour batter by approximately 1/4 cups onto medium hot griddle/skillet and cook until edges begin to dry and center is bubbly. Flip cakes and cook 1 - 2 minutes longer. Butter and warm syrup or jelly to serve. Yummy.
- This batch yields approximately 12 - 16 pancakes about 3 to 4 inches in size. Recipe can be doubled.