OLADI (RUSSIAN PANCAKES)
Recipe & photo: Olgasflavorfactory.com
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cwarm milk
1/4 Tbspactive dry yeast
2 call purpose flour
1egg, lightly beaten
·oil for pan frying
How to Make OLADI (RUSSIAN PANCAKES)
- In a large bowl, mix the milk, yeast and flour with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until the dough doubles, 30-50 minutes.
- When the dough has doubled in size, add the eggs, oil, sugar and salt. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Cover and repeat rising time, once again until the dough doubles.
- Heat a few Tbsp. of oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Since the dough is very sticky, it will stick to the spoon. Fill a mug with water and dunk your spoon in the water every time you get more dough. Gently scoop the dough, trying not to deflate it as much as possible. The dough doesn't stick to the spoon and effortlessly slides right off and into the skillet.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel. Enjoy with sour cream, jam, berries, etc. You can also add apples, berries, chocolate chips or nuts to the oladi. Simply add them to the batter when adding eggs, sugar, oil and salt.
- HINT: Whisk some sour cream with sugar and vanilla and dunk each pancake in the sour cream mixture. Layer all the oladi in a bowl and the sweet sour cream will seep into the oladi, making them even more tender and juicy.