Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins
3/4 cwhole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 csucanat (sugar cane natural)
1 tsppumpkin pie spice
2 tspbaking powder
7pitted madjool dates, chopped
1/4 croughly chopped roasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 c100% canned pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cunsweetened applesauce
How to Make Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, Sucanat, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder in the bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add dates and pumpkin seeds. Mix into the flour mixture.
- With a mixer on a low speed, add pumpkin puree, applesauce, and an egg. Mix until combined.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Fill each liner with1/4 cup of batter. Bake for 25 minutes Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Top with some roasted pumpkin seeds, if desired.
- Note: To make these muffins vegan, substitute an egg with 1/4 cup of tofu.