Kick-ass Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 medium
- sweet potato, oven-roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper, cut into small chunks
- 5 or 6
- stalks asparagus, oven-roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small
- onion, chopped
- crimini mushrooms, cut in 1/2, then sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or light butter/margarine (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- egg, over medium (or however you like yours cooked)
- non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Kick-ass Sweet Potato Hash
- 1In a large skillet (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) over medium-high heat, saute the onions and mushrooms until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are softened and starting to brown.
- 2Add the sweet potato chunks and continue to cook until everything starts to get brown & crusty (brown food tastes good!). Add the asparagus and corn, and all the spices/seasonings. Toss to coat everything and cook a few more minutes to heat everything through.
- 3Add 1 T. butter or margarine if desired, and stir to combine (this is strictly for the flavor). Turn heat down to Low just to keep warm while you cook your egg.
- 4To serve, place the hash on the plate, top with your egg, and get to chewin'!
- 5Wondering what else you could add to this? How about some red or yellow bell peppers, green onions, black beans, sage (fresh would be awesome), parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, sausage...you could even make this hash with butternut squash! OMG, I'm gonna try it! :-D