Jane's Breakfast Syrup
And I learned to make syrup.
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- maple extract
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- berries of your choice
CLASSIC MAPLE SYRUP
How to Make Jane's Breakfast Syrup
- 1Place sugar and water in a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir.
- 2Add remaining ingredients. Stir.
- 3Cook on low, stirring semi-constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4Cool for several minutes before placing in glass storage container. (Can prepare canning jars and seal for extended storage.) Refrigerate after opening.
- 5For other flavors, omit extracts and molasses.
- 6For berry syrup, mash berries through a wire sieve to remove seeds and most of the skins. Add pulp and juice to syrup in step 2.
- 7Before storage, skim foam from the top until syrup is completely clear. (Foam can be used, it's just not pretty left in the syrup.)