Jane's Breakfast Syrup
And I learned to make syrup.
2 cgranulated sugar
CLASSIC MAPLE SYRUP
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspmaple extract
1 cberries of your choice
How to Make Jane's Breakfast Syrup
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Cook on low, stirring semi-constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cool for several minutes before placing in glass storage container. (Can prepare canning jars and seal for extended storage.) Refrigerate after opening.
- For other flavors, omit extracts and molasses.
- For berry syrup, mash berries through a wire sieve to remove seeds and most of the skins. Add pulp and juice to syrup in step 2.
- Before storage, skim foam from the top until syrup is completely clear. (Foam can be used, it's just not pretty left in the syrup.)