- 1 c
- medium or fine cornmeal
- 1/4 c
- granulated or powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make Homemade Cornflakes
- 11 Set an ungreased metal skillet over medium heat. Sift thin layer of cornmeal into skillet.
- 22 Fill a spray bottle with water and spray the cornmeal until it is moistened but not soaked.
- 33 Without touching the cornmeal mixture, let it cook slowly until water is halfway evaporated; immediately sift sugar over the top, if using.
- 45 Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks