GOLD MEDAL BARS-DIABETIC FRIENDLY (SALLYE)
I don't remember ever making these before, but they are worth the effort. They beat the processed energy bars (which are full of chemicals) offered at stores hands-down.
These will be great to carry along on our next camping adventure.
- 1-1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- shredded coconut
How to Make GOLD MEDAL BARS-DIABETIC FRIENDLY (SALLYE)
- 1Measure and sift flour, salt and soda together and set aside.
Butter or spray a 8" or 9" square baking dish and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350ºF
- 2***IMPORTANT: USE THE STEVIA PRODUCTS THAT STATE ON THE PACKAGE IT IS A ONE FOR ONE REPLACEMENT FOR SUGAR.***
- 3Pour the Stevia into a large mixing bowl, add the molasses and stir until sweetener is well coated (this will make your "brown sugar")
- 4Add the softened butter to Stevia and beat on low speed until light and creamy.
- 5Add slightly whisked egg to butter mixture and continue beating at low speed until well blended.
Add lemon juice and vanilla while still beating.
- 6Combine flour mixture with butter mixture and mix with wooden spoon until well blended.
- 7Fold shredded coconut into mixture.
- 8Spread mixture out evenly in buttered baking dish.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and allow to cool in baking dish.
Cut into the size bars you desire.
Store in airtight container.