GOLD MEDAL BARS-DIABETIC FRIENDLY (SALLYE)
I don't remember ever making these before, but they are worth the effort. They beat the processed energy bars (which are full of chemicals) offered at stores hands-down.
These will be great to carry along on our next camping adventure.
1 cquick cooking oats (not instant)
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 c(1 stick) softened butter
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cshredded coconut
How to Make GOLD MEDAL BARS-DIABETIC FRIENDLY (SALLYE)
- Measure and sift flour, salt and soda together and set aside.
Butter or spray a 8" or 9" square baking dish and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350ºF
- ***IMPORTANT: USE THE STEVIA PRODUCTS THAT STATE ON THE PACKAGE IT IS A ONE FOR ONE REPLACEMENT FOR SUGAR.***
- Pour the Stevia into a large mixing bowl, add the molasses and stir until sweetener is well coated (this will make your "brown sugar")
- Add the softened butter to Stevia and beat on low speed until light and creamy.
- Add slightly whisked egg to butter mixture and continue beating at low speed until well blended.
Add lemon juice and vanilla while still beating.
- Combine flour mixture with butter mixture and mix with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Fold shredded coconut into mixture.
- Spread mixture out evenly in buttered baking dish.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in baking dish.
Cut into the size bars you desire.
Store in airtight container.