Gluten free Bacon parmesan cornmeal pancakes
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup soy or almond milk (non flavored!!!)
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 slices bacon, pan fried and chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Gluten free Bacon parmesan cornmeal pancakes
- 1Pan fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate, and when cool enough to handle, crumble them into small pieces.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk the cornmeal, flour, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl whisk the egg with the milk. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- 4Stir in the sour cream, followed by the jalapeno, bacon, and parmesan cheese.
- 5Ladle ¼ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan coated with bacon grease and a little bit of extra butter.
- 6Cook the pancakes for about 4 minutes per side. Flip when bubbles begin to form and pop on the top and sides of each.
Serve with warm, 100% pure maple syrup and additional strips of bacon