Gluten free Bacon parmesan cornmeal pancakes
·1/2 cup yellow cornmeal cornmeal
·1/2 cup gluten free flour
·1 tablespoon baking powder
·1/2 teaspoon salt
·1 tablespoon sugar
·1 large egg
·1 cup soy or almond milk (non flavored!!!)
·2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
·3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
·3 slices bacon, pan fried and chopped
·4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Gluten free Bacon parmesan cornmeal pancakes
- Pan fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate, and when cool enough to handle, crumble them into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cornmeal, flour, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg with the milk. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the sour cream, followed by the jalapeno, bacon, and parmesan cheese.
- Ladle ¼ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan coated with bacon grease and a little bit of extra butter.
- Cook the pancakes for about 4 minutes per side. Flip when bubbles begin to form and pop on the top and sides of each.
Serve with warm, 100% pure maple syrup and additional strips of bacon