I need to lower my cholesterol and was searching for breakfast ideas when I found this recipe.
Simple and looks delicious and one I could enjoy in the morning.
No more plain oatmeal!
Glad to share this one.
- ½ c apple juice
- ¼ c water
- ¼ c oats(quick cooking steel cut oats)
- 1 gingersnap, roughly broken
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
How to Make Gingersnap Oatmeal
- 1BRING the apple juice and water to a boil in a small, heavy saucepan.
- 2ADD the oats, reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3REMOVE from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- 4SPOON into a serving bowl and sprinkle with gingersnap pieces and chopped pecans.
- 5GARNISH with fresh fruit if desired. Serves 1.