Filipino - Caramel French Toast
Caramel French Toast is a popular breakfast meal that consisting of sliced bread soak in eggs-milk mixture then coated with sugar.
Toast with butter over a low heat then serve with caramel syrup.
- 8 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder(optional)
- a dash of salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- unsalted butter
- powdered or confectioner’s sugar(optional)
- caramel syrup
How to Make Filipino - Caramel French Toast
- 1In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt then mix until well blended
Soak the sliced bread for a few seconds into mixture one at a time then gently turn to coat the other side.
Coat with brown sugar.
- 2In a frying pan, melt 1 teaspoon butter over low heat.
Toast each bread until bottom turns to golden brown then turn the bread over and do the same way.
Repeat the procedures for remaining slices.
- 3Transfer toasted bread to serving plate, then dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Serve immediately with caramel syrup together with hot coffee.