Favorite Healthy Oatmeal
I also make this one serving at a time, using 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup fruit, 1/3 cup boiling water, and a tiny bit of salt.
- 1 c
- quick oats
- 1 c
- cut up fruit of choice, fresh or frozen - we usually use blueberries.
- 1 pinch
- 1 1/3 c
- boiling water
- milk or cream for serving
- natural sweetener of your choice, if desired
- (raw sugar, stevia, succanat, honey, agave, etc.)
How to Make Favorite Healthy Oatmeal
- 1Start your water boiling. Microwave the fruit in bottom of a medium bowl about 30 - 60 seconds.
- 2Stir in quick oats and salt, then pour on boiling water and combine well. Let rest 2 minutes.
- 3May be served with cream and sweetener at this point. Makes 4 servings of 95 calories each (18 g carbs, 3 g fiber). Or, if you like it more done, microwave for 1 - 2 minutes, watching carefully to prevent overflow.
- 4Many different types of fruit can be used. We like the blueberries, strawberries, and chopped peaches. I've also used chopped fresh apple or sliced banana. Also good with chopped dried apples and raisins, and can add chopped nuts if desired. If using dried fruit, add a tiny bit of water before microwaving the fruit.