EGGPLANT & ROASTED PEPPER FRITTATA
A frittata is firmer than an omelet because a frittata is cooked over low heat, you don't fold it like an omelet. They are finished under a broiler.
- 2 c
- peeled & chopped eggplant
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1-12 oz. jar(s)
- roasted red peppers, drained & chopped -- or -- 2 (7 oz. jars)
- large eggs
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
How to Make EGGPLANT & ROASTED PEPPER FRITTATA
- 1Cook eggplant in oil in an ovenproof 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in roasted red peppers.
- 2Beat eggs & next 3 ingredients at medium speed until blended. Add mixture to skillet. As mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of frittata with spatula, & tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cover & cook over low heat 10-12 minutes to allow uncooked portion on top to set.
- 3Uncover; sprinkle with cheese, broil 3 inches from heat & heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Cut into wedges.