Easy Cheese Danish
How to Make Easy Cheese Danish
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place a sheet of parchment paper on cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Open the crescent rolls carefully so as not to tear the dough. Do not unroll...you will need to leave it in it's cylindrical shape. Slice the dough into pieces about 1/4 inch thick (as though you're slicing cookie dough).
- Place the slices on a cookie sheet. Now press the center in to make an indentation for the cream cheese filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, regular sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream
- Add a dollop of the mixture to the indentation you made in each circle of dough. I find that about a tbsp works well, but you can use as little or as much as you like
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. While the danish are baking, you can make a quick royal icing to drizzle over the tops
- Take the danish out of the oven and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before icing
- Glaze: Mix together the confectioner's sugar, milk and butter in a small bowl. Use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the danish, or you can put it into a small zip-top bag and snip of the corner for an easy "piping bag."