Eat it for a snack or with yogurt or hot breakfast cereals.
Keeps 2 weeks in an air tight container or freeze.
3 cregular rolled oats
2 cshredded coconut
3/4 ceach: slivered almonds, pecan pieces, walnut pieces
1/2 ceach: peanuts, macadamia nuts, cashews and/or hazel nuts
·note: you can get a large can of mixed nuts (salted or unsalted) and add more of your favorites. you'll want 4 -4 1/2 cups of nuts.
1/2 cwheat germ
1/2 csesame seeds
1/2 csunflower seeds (shelled)
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/2 capricots that have been cut into pieces
1/4 ceach: dried blueberries, cherries and cranberries(or 3/4 cup other dried fruits of your choice)
How to Make DC's Granola
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, coconut, nuts, wheat germ, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Combine honey and oil; stir into oat mixture.
- Spread evenly in a large, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring (carefully) every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in raisins, apricots and other dried fruit.
- Cool; stirring often to prevent lumping.
Store in an air tight container.