Dairy-Free Sunrise Quinoa Porridge
- 1/2 c
- pre-washed quinoa
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c
- peeled, seeded, and cubed cantaloupe
- medium ripe banana, peeled and mashed (optional)
- 1/2 c
- frozen unsweetened wild blueberries, thawed
How to Make Dairy-Free Sunrise Quinoa Porridge
- 1Place quinoa, water, and lemon juice in a medium glass bowl. Cover and place in a warm place for 12-24 hours, or overnight, to reduce natural bitterness of the quinoa.
- 2Using a fine sieve, strain and then rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water, about 20-30 seconds.
- 3Place cantaloupe in container of an electric blender. Cover and blend until finely pureed, 10-20 seconds.
- 4Place pureed cantaloupe plus quinoa in a small saucepan. Stir and bring to a gentle boil, turn down the heat to low, and cook until quinoa appears translucent and most of the puree has been absorbed, about 5 minutes. Cover and let cool for an additional 5 minutes.
- 5Just before serving, stir mashed banana into the cooked quinoa, if desired. Top with warm blueberries.
- 6Note: Add bananas depending on the sweetness of your cantaloupe.