Crockpot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 6 c
- 3 c
- milk (or you can use all 9 cups of water)
- 2 1/4 c
- steel cut oats **
- 1 tsp
- 4-6 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- brown sugar
- fresh fruit or berries, in season
- chocolate syrup or chocolate chips
OPTIONAL INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
How to Make Crockpot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 1** Be sure to use "Steel Cut" oats, not the Old Fashioned or Quick Cook kind.
- 2Spray inside of 6 quart crock with non-stick cooking spray (This will make cleaning the crock much easier!) You can of course cut this recipe in half, or less, and use a smaller crock.
- 3Add in the oats, water, milk (if using), salt & butter. You can add in other ingredients as you like, but I would suggest holding the raisins until about 1 hour before it finishes. Otherwise they get quite mushy.
- 4Cook on LOW for 8 hours, or overnight, OR on HIGH for 4-6 hours. (Cook for less time if using a smaller crock). Stir & serve. We always make ours plain and let everyone add their own ingredients to make it as they like it.
- 5You can ladle the oats into single serving containers (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup servings - this is quite filling) and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. In the morning, simply take out a serving and heat in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until hot. Add any extra ingredients you like.