- 1 c
- irish or steel cut oats
- 4 c
- water, may use cider or other juice of choice
- 2 Tbsp
- amber agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon or pumpkin pie/apple pie spice
- 1/2 c
- pumpkin, canned or cooked/ dried fruit of your choice /sliced apples or other fruit. can use any combination or no fruit at all.
How to Make Crock pot Irish Oatmeal
- 1Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking oil spray.
- 2Mix all ingredients in your crockpot, you can adjust the liquid or fruits to your preference. You can also adjust the flavors of spices or amounts of sweetener. I prefer it not to be very sweet.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Stir and enjoy. You can add fresh fruit when the oatmeal is done and omit it from the cooked recipe. I like to make a batch up plain and change the fruits during the week for variety. You can use any add in, peanut butter and chocolate chips are good too. The main measurements to remember is 1 cup oats to 4 cups liquid.