★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 c
- old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 1/2 c
- coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Cinnamon Vanilla Granola
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
You will need a large baking sheet.
- 2In a small pot, warm coconut oil over low heat to melt it, stir in coconut palm sugar, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. This mixture should be warm, not hot.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together oats, salt and cinnamon.
- 4Pour the oil and sugar mixture onto the oat mixture and stir, then combine thoroughly using your hands to coat the oats evenly with the oil, but be careful not to burn your hands in case the oil got a little too hot!
- 5Spread the mixture onto a large baking sheet in a thin, even layer.
- 6Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until the granola is a very light golden brown.
- 7Cool the granola completely.
- 8Store in an airtight container.
- 9You can substitute other oils and sugars, but we like the crisp and tasty result of this combination best.
Most of the time we use our granola plain, if we want nuts and dried fruit etc we just add them to suit the moment, though you can add any that you please before or after baking.