Chorizo Scrabble Skillet
Please try not to overcook the scallops.Just sear them.The pan should be really hot but not smoking when you sear them Just until the outside is caramelized and the inside is slightly translucent...I hope you enjoy this old recipe...
- 4 medium
- potatoes, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 lb
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- to taste
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz
- fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 4 large
- green onion, cleaned and cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- crisp corn tostadas or taco shells or nachos chips
How to Make Chorizo Scrabble Skillet
- 2Wipe scallops with paper towels.Heat a 12 inch cast iron skillet(or other non stick heavy skillet; over medium-high heat. Add oil to skillet, when skillet is quite hot add the scallops, do not crowd. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear, turning occasionally,until golden brown;about 2 minutes total-do not overcook or they will be tough. Remove from skillet and place on cutting board.
- 4Now that the scallops are cooled. Dice them to the size of the potatoes. When potatoes are crispy brown, add the scallops and mix everything together until the scallops are heated through, about 2 minutes.