Captain's Sausage Gravy
How to Make Captain's Sausage Gravy
- 1Patty up sausage(8) and cook till done in a medium frying pan. Remove sausage and add the butter to the pan. Bring to low simmer.
- 2Take two of the sausage patties and crumble into frying pan. Add the chili pepper and black pepper. Stir with a whisk.
- 3Slowly stir milk into flour until all the lumps are gone. Best way to do this is to add just enough milk at first to make a loose paste...then add till all together.
- 4Slowly pour milk and flour into simmering frying pan whisking as you go. After a few minutes of whisking, it will thicken nicely. I add a little more pepper and maybe a pinch of salt to taste.
- 5Remove from heat and have plenty of toast or biscuits to pour your gravy over......it's good in grits and on top of eggs too!!!