Broccoli Brunch Braid
- 1/2` lb
- sweet italian sausage (bulk)
- 2 c
- frozen broccoli cuts
- egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese (i used part-skim)
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar
- 2-3 Tbsp
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp
- dried parsley flakes
- container sliced mushrooms
- 1 can(s)
- pillsbury crescent rolls (i used seemless)
- egg white, beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- caraway seeds
How to Make Broccoli Brunch Braid
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Brown the sausage in a skillet breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Remove and then saute the mushrooms (you may have to add a little oil to the pan.) Set aside to cool.
- 3Cook the broccoli per directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat the egg then whisk in the flour and baking powder. Stir in the cheeses, mushrooms, broccoli and sausage. Season with the parsley.
- 5Roll out crescent rolls to form a 14 x 10 inch rectangle. (If using regular crescent rolls, press perforations and edges to seal.
- 6Place dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Spoon the sausage mixture down the center of the rectangle in a 3 1/2 inch strip. Cut the sides of the dough in 1 inch strips up to the sausage mixture. Fold strips up and over the sausage mixture at an angle to give it a braided effect. Brush with the beaten egg white and sprinkle with the caraway seeds.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes then cut into slices. (Be sure your guests see it before you cut it...they will be very impressed ;-)