Broccoli Brunch Braid
1/2` lbsweet italian sausage (bulk)
2 cfrozen broccoli cuts
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 cricotta cheese (i used part-skim)
1 cshredded cheddar
2-3 Tbspgrated parmesan or romano cheese
1/2 Tbspdried parsley flakes
1/2container sliced mushrooms
1 can(s)pillsbury crescent rolls (i used seemless)
1egg white, beaten
1/4 tspcaraway seeds
How to Make Broccoli Brunch Braid
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Remove and then saute the mushrooms (you may have to add a little oil to the pan.) Set aside to cool.
- Cook the broccoli per directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg then whisk in the flour and baking powder. Stir in the cheeses, mushrooms, broccoli and sausage. Season with the parsley.
- Roll out crescent rolls to form a 14 x 10 inch rectangle. (If using regular crescent rolls, press perforations and edges to seal.
- Place dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spoon the sausage mixture down the center of the rectangle in a 3 1/2 inch strip. Cut the sides of the dough in 1 inch strips up to the sausage mixture. Fold strips up and over the sausage mixture at an angle to give it a braided effect. Brush with the beaten egg white and sprinkle with the caraway seeds.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes then cut into slices. (Be sure your guests see it before you cut it...they will be very impressed ;-)