Breakfast Oatmeal Sandwich Cookie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tsppumpkin pie spice
1/2 ccanola oil
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 crolled oats
1 cfinely shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
6 ozreduced-fat cream cheese, softened
2 Tbspmaple syrup
How to Make Breakfast Oatmeal Sandwich Cookie
- Preheat Oven 350*.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In separate large bowl mix oil, both sugars and egg.
- Once mixed add flour mixture, shredded carrots and raisins.
- Set out by Tablespoons on cookie sheet.Be sure there are an equal amount.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Put cookies to side on wrack to cool.
- Filling can be made while cookies are baking: Mix 6oz of cream cheese and maple syrup together.
- Put filling on half of cooled cookies.
- Then place other half of cookies on top to make sandwiches.
- Wrap in waxed paper,saran wrap or small sandwich bags and chill for 3 days before eating.