Breakfast Grilled Cheese
photo and recipe: Food Network
- 1/3 c
- whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 c
- cottage cheese, small curd
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar, plus more for topping
- frozen waffles (untoasted)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- jam, (any flavor)
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted, plus more if needed
- ground cinnamon, for topping
How to Make Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- 1Mix cream cheese, cottage cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Spread 2 waffles with the jam, then top with the cream cheese mixture; cover with the remaining 2 waffles.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side, adding more butter as needed to pan. Lower heat if browning too quickly.
- 3Let sandwiches rest 1 minute before serving. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!