Breakfast Braid All In One Meal
13.8 ozcan refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cchopped onion
4 ozchicken sausage, mix with jalapeno peppers
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cmonterey jack shredded cheese
1/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cchopped seeded jalapeno peppers
1 largeegg white, lightly beaten
How to Make Breakfast Braid All In One Meal
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Unroll dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, pat into a 15/10 inch rectangle.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med heat. Add onion and sausage. Cook for 9 minutes or lightly browned. Stir in eggs, cook 1 1/2 minutes or until set. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack lenghwise down center of dough, leaving about a 2 1/2 inch border on each side. Spoon egg mixture evenly over cheese. Sprinkle cheddar over egg mixture, top with jalapeno peppers.
- Make 2 inch long diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling using a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Arrange strips diagonally over filling. Press ends under to seal. Brush with egg white. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices.
- Calories per serving: 323