Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
1 1/4 call purpose flour
2 Tbsppoppy seeds
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cskim milk
1egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbspmelted butter plus additional for greasing skillet
1 Tbspgrated lemon zest
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tsplemon extract
1 cfresh or frozen blueberries
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, poppy seeds and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, egg, butter, lemon zest, juice and extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. do not over mix. The batter will look lumpy.
- In large skillet, over medium heat, melt additional butter to lightly grease the skillet.
- Pour scant 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. Cook the pancakes until the edges begin to brown; about 1 minute. Flip pancakes and cook other side to a golden brown.
- Serve pancakes with your favorite toppings.