"Belgian" Pumpkin Waffles
Leigh Anne Powlas
Serve with fresh fruit, syrup or melted butter and fresh honey or add some whipped topping for a special treat.
1/2 clight brown sugar
1 1/4 cbuckwheat flour (all-purpose flour can be used)
1 1/2 tspbacking powder
1/2 tspfreshly grated nutmeg (about half of a nutmeg)
2 largeeggs, separated
1 cwhole milk (we use fresh goat milk)
1 csolid pack pumpkin (we use fresh, canned will work also)
4 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
How to Make "Belgian" Pumpkin Waffles
- Lightly Oil waffle iron, set to desired temperature.
- Combine brown sugar and cornstarch mix to combine and break up lumps. Add remaining dry ingredients mix well and set aside.
- Seperate eggs: Whites: whipped with hand mixer till stiff peaks form, Yokes: add with pumpkin and milk whisk well. Whip in melted butter after is has cooled a little to Yoke mixture.
- Add yoke/pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients mix till combined, being lumpy is ok.
- Slide in whipped egg whites and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
- Check direction on waffle iron for amount of batter to use and time to cook.