Pigs in a “Bran”ket
It is also a breakfast recipe that I like to prepare a head of time, and store in the refrigerator.
Great for busy on the go mornings when you need something quick to pop in the microwave.
1 pkgturkey breakfast sausage links (14 links)
1 cfiber one® original bran cereal
1 cwhole wheat flour, white
2 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 3/4 cmilk, skim
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Pigs in a “Bran”ket
- Cook sausages as directed on package. Spray electric griddle or skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Heat over medium heat (350°F).
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or finely crush in food processor).
- In large bowl, mix cereal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In small bowl, beat oil and egg with whisk. Add egg mixture, milk and vanilla to flour mixture; stir with whisk until well blended.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until puffed and full of bubbles but before bubbles break. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
- To serve, wrap each sausage in a pancake; secure with a toothpick. Drizzle with syrup.