French Toasted Ham & Cheese
2 Tbsporange marmalade
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 pkg8 ounce sliced cooked ham
18 ounce loaf party rye bread
1/2 pkg8 ounce sliced swiss cheese
How to Make French Toasted Ham & Cheese
- In cup, stir marmalade and mustard until mixed; set aside.
- Cut ham slices to fit on half of the bread slices; cut cheese slices to fit on top of ham, then top with a dollop of marmalade mixture and another bread slice.
- Preheat oven to 450. ( or preheat your waffle iron) to make sandwiches in).
- In 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jellyroll pan, melt butter or margarine; remove pan from oven.
- In pie plate, with fork beat milk and egg until mixed.
- Dip sandwiches, one at a time, into egg mixture to coat all sides.
- Place sandwiches, in one layer, in jelly roll pan.
( or place in waffle iron-leave in until golden brown about 2-3 minutes)
- Bake until sandwiches are golden brown on both sides, about 20 minutes, turning once. Cut sandwich in half and serve hot.