Chicken and Apple Sausage Patties
These savory patties can be made up to a day before cooking and serving.
- olive oil, extra virgin, plus more for cooking sausage
- 1 small
- onion, finely diced
- granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 lb
- ground chicken
- 1/3 c
- fresh sage leaves, shredded
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp
- kosher salt
How to Make Chicken and Apple Sausage Patties
- 1Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- 2Combine chicken with apple, onion and then remaining ingredients, mixing with your hands.
- 3Form into 16 patties, and chill until ready to use.
- 4Preheat over to 350-degrees. Add a little oil to a medium oven proof saute pan, and brown patties over medium-low heat 2 minutes on each side; transfer saute pan to oven and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.