My Grilled Havarti Cheese & Spiced Apple Sandwich
- 1/4 c
- plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar, to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cardamon
- thick slices of french or italian bread
- thin slices of havarti cheese
How to Make My Grilled Havarti Cheese & Spiced Apple Sandwich
- 1Melt 3 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon and cardamon and stir.
- 3Cook for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently until most of the apple juices are reduced and the apple is coated with a syrup.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- 5Place four slices of bread on a griddle and top each with one slice of Havarti cheese, 1/4 of the spiced apples and another sice of cheese and top with remaining slices of bread.
(If you don't have a griddle you can use a large non-stick fry pan) and grill one sandwich at a time.
- 6Butter sandwich tops. Turn over and butter again.
- 7Heat griddle or pan on medium heat and brown each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and Havarti cheese begins to melt.
- 8Remove sandwiches from grill and cool 5 minutes before serving.