My Grilled Havarti Cheese & Spiced Apple Sandwich
1/4 cplus 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
2granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
1 Tbspsugar, to taste
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground cardamon
8thick slices of french or italian bread
8thin slices of havarti cheese
How to Make My Grilled Havarti Cheese & Spiced Apple Sandwich
- Melt 3 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon and cardamon and stir.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently until most of the apple juices are reduced and the apple is coated with a syrup.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Place four slices of bread on a griddle and top each with one slice of Havarti cheese, 1/4 of the spiced apples and another sice of cheese and top with remaining slices of bread.
(If you don't have a griddle you can use a large non-stick fry pan) and grill one sandwich at a time.
- Butter sandwich tops. Turn over and butter again.
- Heat griddle or pan on medium heat and brown each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and Havarti cheese begins to melt.
- Remove sandwiches from grill and cool 5 minutes before serving.