Homemade Healthy Poptarts
*Next time I make these I will probably substitute half the butter for a ground flax/water combination and/or applesauce to help cut down on some of the fat.
3 1/2 cwhole wheat flour (i used freshly milled)
1 cbutter, melted
1 cplain yoghurt
3-4 Tbspor so of jam, jelly or preserves of choice, nutella, peanut butter & jelly, apple or other fruit pie filling
·optional- powdered sugar or a homemade cream cheese or sugar glaze
How to Make Homemade Healthy Poptarts
- Combine the flour & salt.
- Combine the yoghurt & melted butter, then add to the flour mixture.
- Mix until a soft dough forms & form into a ball.
- Lightly flour a large flat surface.
- Roll out dough to 1/8"-1/4" thickness.
- Using a pizza slicer cut out rectangular shapes.
- Spread about 1 tsp jam, jelly or preserves onto half of pieces making sure to leave about 1/2" around the edges.
- Top each piece with another piece that closesly matches.
- Use a fork to seal the edges.
- Place onto baking sheet and bake at 350' for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- **If desired you can make a simple sugar glaze, cream cheese glaze or simply sprinkle on some powdered sugar.
- These can be frozen.
- To reheat from being frozen, simply pop in the toaster oven to heat.