Apple Cinnamon Crockpot Oatmeal
- 8 c
- 1 c
- 1 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 - 1 c
- packed brown sugar, to taste
- 2 tsp
- tart baking apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 c
- raisins (optional)
- 2 c
- steel cut oatmeal,( i use mccaan's)
- 1 c
- chopped pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds (optional)
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Crockpot Oatmeal
- 1Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray.
- 2Stir together chopped apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. When apples are evenly coated, put the mixture into the crock pot.
- 3Add water, milk, butter, vanilla, oats and the raisins (optional). If I am using walnuts or pecans, I add them at this time. If using almonds, wait until you are almost ready to serve. (All nuts are optional.) Stir well.
- 4Put the lid on your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight. If using almonds, I add them as soon as I get up and then let cook while I get the coffee made.
- 5You may sprinkle the top of the oatmeal with more nuts and brown sugar before serving. This is delish. Hope you enjoy!