Apple Cinnamon Crockpot Oatmeal
1 stickbutter, room temperature
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
3/4 - 1 cpacked brown sugar, to taste
4tart baking apples, peeled and chopped
1 craisins (optional)
2 csteel cut oatmeal,( i use mccaan's)
1 cchopped pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds (optional)
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Crockpot Oatmeal
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Stir together chopped apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. When apples are evenly coated, put the mixture into the crock pot.
- Add water, milk, butter, vanilla, oats and the raisins (optional). If I am using walnuts or pecans, I add them at this time. If using almonds, wait until you are almost ready to serve. (All nuts are optional.) Stir well.
- Put the lid on your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight. If using almonds, I add them as soon as I get up and then let cook while I get the coffee made.
- You may sprinkle the top of the oatmeal with more nuts and brown sugar before serving. This is delish. Hope you enjoy!