★★★★★ 2 votes5
·nonstick olive oil-flavored cooking spray
1 csliced zucchini
1 cbroccoli florets
1 cdiced red or yellow bell pepper
1/2 c1% low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 crehydrated sun dried tomatoes (1 oz dry )
1/2 cgreen onions with tops,chopped
1/4 cchopped fresh basil
1/8 tspground red pepper
2 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese,paprika (optional)
How to Make Zucchini-Tomato Frittata
- you may substitute with colesterol free egg substitute to equal 6 large eggs.
- preheat broiler. spray 10-inch ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
- place zucchini,broccoli and bell pepper in skillet. cook and stir over high heat 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- combine whole eggs,egg whites,cottage cheese,tomatoes,onins,basil and ground red peppers in medium bowl; mix well. pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet.
- cook uncovered,gently lifting sides of frittata so uncooked egg flows underneath.cook 7-8 minutes or until frittata is almost firm and golden brown on bottom. remove from heat. sprinkle with parmesan.
- broil about 5 inches from heat 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on surface. garnish with paprika, if desired. cut into 4 wedges. serve immediately.
- dietary exchanges,1&1/2 lean meat,2&1/2 vegetable.
- nutrients per serving.160- cal.cal. from fat-29%
total fat 5 g. sat.fat-2g.carb-13g. protein-16 g.
chol-163 mg.sodium-305 mg. fiber-3g.