- 3/4 c
- chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 c
- chopped green bell pepper
- 4 oz
- 97% or 98% lean ham steak;cut into 1/4
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 c
- egg substitute
- 2 oz
- (1c)finely shredded light swiss cheese
How to Make Wild West Frittata
- 1Preheat the broiler.
Place a medium broiler safe nonstick skillet over medium heat...Lightly mist skillet with olive oil spray.
Add onion,bell pepper and ham and cook for 5-7 minutes,or until the onion and bell pepper are softened but not browned. Season with salt and pepper(keep in mind you will be adding ham & cheese.)so you won't need much salt.
- 2Turn the heat to medium high and pour egg substitute into the pan. Stir the veggies and ham into they are evenly distributed and the eggs are slightly scrambled,1-2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium. Continue to cook,continuously sliding a spatula all around the sides of the frittata as far into the bottom as possible to loosen and gently lift the eggs slightly from the pan to prevent sticking, until the frittata is almost set but still runny on top,4-6 minutes.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes,or until the cheese is melted and the egg is completely set.
Cut the frittata into 4 equal wedges and serve.