Ultimate French Toast!!
Bre Van Patten
FRENCH TOAST BASICS
1french bread baguette
4 Tbspcoffee creamer of your choice (my faves are french vanilla and hazelnut, but whatever you've got on hand would be fine)
1/2 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
1/3 cwhole milk
2 cfrozen berry of your choice
4 Tbspstrawberry jam
How to Make Ultimate French Toast!!
- Slice bread baguette into thick slices, about 1 1/2-2 inches thick. Set aside.
- In large baking dish, combine eggs, creamer, milk, nutmeg, and cinnamin. Mix until well incorporated. Place as many slices of bread in egg mixture, coat, and let sit.
- Meanwhile, heat on medium-low griddle or large nonstick pan and add 2 tbsp of butter. On separate burner, place a medium sized saucepan. Add frozen berries and jam. Give a quick stir, and turn burner on medium-high. Once berries are at a nice simmer, reduce to medium. Let simmer until done cooking french toast.
- Depending on whether you are using griddle or frying pan, place as many bread slices as your "pan will allow. Cook about 3 minutes, or until golden brown on one side, then flip and do the same on other side.
- In saucepan, the liquid should have reduced a bit by now. Turn off and let sit a few minutes before serving. It will get thicker after sitting a few minutes.
- Butter each piece of french toast, and serve with hot berry mixture on top. You will love it!! =)
- **Wanna bump these up even more?? Before coating with egg mixture, cut a slit in each piece of bread to turn it into a sort of "pocket". In small bowl, mix together 8oz of room tempurature cream cheese, 1 Tbsp honey, and 2 Tbsp same strawberry jam. Spread a little bit of cream cheese mixture inside each slit in french bread slices. Then continue with directions. This takes this already delicious french toast to an outragious level!! It's pretty rich though, so it may only be for special occasions. =)