- 6 TO 8 medium
- 1/2 medium
- white onion
- 1 or 2 medium
- hatch chile peppers (or jalapeno)
- 4 to 6 large
- 1/4 bunch
- fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 dash(es)
- lime juice
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make THE TOMATILLO SCRAMBLE (SALLYE)
- 1Remove stiff husks from tomatillos and discard. Wash residue from tomatillos and place in food processor
- 2Peel and quarter onion, add to food processor
- 3Remove stems from cilantro and discard; add leaves only to food processor
- 4Remove stems from chile peppers. cut in half and remove seeds and membranes. Add peppers to processor
Note: If you like more "heat", leave the seeds and membranes intact.
- 5Pulse food processor containing veggies until items are coarse chopped. Set aside.
- 6Add butter to a heavy skillet (I use my cast iron) over medium heat. When butter begins to bubble, add veggies from food processor.
Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until veggies are soft. DO NOT BROWN.
- 7Meanwhile, break eggs into mixing bowl, add dash of lime juice, salt and pepper and whisk until light and foamy.
You can also add a tablespoon of water if desired, to "fluff" up eggs.
- 8Turn heat down to medium low.
Pour eggs over vegetables, and stir with wooden spoon to blend.
- 9Continue to cook at medium low heat until eggs are set to suit your taste.
- 10Plate immediately and sprinkle shredded cheese over each serving.
You can also garnish with a sprig of cilantro and/or crumbled bacon pieces.
- 11Best if served while still piping hot.
PS If you want to be really decadent, you can use bacon drippings in place of the butter. LOL