The BEST Stuffed French Toast
A recent road trip inspired this recipe. See for yourself how delicious it is!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 slicesourdough bread
4 Tbspcream cheese
4 Tbspapricot jam
4 slicerussian ham
1/2 tsplemon zest
How to Make The BEST Stuffed French Toast
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese onto a slice of sourdough, then 1 tablespoon of apricot jam onto another slice. Sandwich the two slices together and set aside.
- Repeat the process.
- Store sandwiches in a plastic bread bag and chill in the fridge overnight or at least 15 minutes.
5 minutes in the freezer if you're in a hurry to eat!
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs and combine with milk, vanilla and lemon zest.
This is what I call the custard.
- Add butter to a nonstick pan and heat on medium.
Use two pans if all 4 sandwiches will not fit onto one.
- Remove the sandwiches from the fridge/freezer and remove from the plastic bag.
Dip a sandwich each side in the custard and gently lay onto the pan,
taking care not to splatter any hot butter.
Repeat the process and cook the sandwiches 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm with Grade B maple syrup and freshly brewed tea and or coffee.