- eggs, beaten in a bowl with a fork.
- 1 slice
- 16 oz., grated american cheese
- 1/2 medium
- tomatillo, finely diced & sauteed
- 1 slice
- onion, finely diced & sauteed
- fresh mushroom, sliced & sauteed
How to Make Texas Egg Rolls
- 1Sauteed & drain the tomatillo, onion, & mushroom before starting to mix the eggs.
- 2Thorougly mix 2 eggs in a small bowl with a fork.
- 3If you like things added to your omelette, now is the time to do it. Now is when I add the tomatillo, onion, & mushroom to the bowl & mix in.
- 44)Pour the egg mixture into a hot 10" cast iron frying pan. As it begins to bubble around the edges, flip about an inch of one edge over with a spatula. This is where I add the cheese.
- 5Take the 1 slice of cheese & fold it until it breaks in half. Fold each half again, until they break in half again, so, you have 4 long strips.
Flip the eggs the second time & put a piece of cheese on each ends of the eggs, from the middle outward. Flip the eggs again & put another piece of cheese on the ends of the eggs, from the middle outward.
Keep flipping until you reach the other side of the skillet.
With the spatula, cut the egg roll crossways, in half, & fold around, side by side. Place a piece of bacon on top, a hash brown patty along to cut end, & there you have it.
- 6Texas Egg Rolls or if you really want it to sound fancy
"Boneless Chicken with Baked Potato & Fried Pork Strips.