Skillet Soufflé Low Carb Breakfast
recipe and photo from Real Simple web site.
·6 large eggs, separated
·1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
·1 teaspoon kosher salt
·1/4th tsp black pepper
·1 tablespoon unsalted butter
·4 0z goat cheese
·1- 5 oz bag of salad greens
·1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
·2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
·1 lemon cut into wedges
How to Make Skillet Soufflé Low Carb Breakfast
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, chives, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and tilt to coat the sides.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and crumble the cheese over the top. Bake until the eggs are puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges. Divide the soufflé, salad greens, and tomatoes among plates. Drizzle the greens with the oil and serve with the lemon.
- Calories From Fat 72 %
Fat 23 g
Sat Fat 9 g
Sodium 688 mg
Carbohydrate 4 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugar 3 g
Protein 16 g