Skillet Soufflé Low Carb Breakfast
recipe and photo from Real Simple web site.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4th tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 0z goat cheese
- 1- 5 oz bag of salad greens
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
How to Make Skillet Soufflé Low Carb Breakfast
- 1Heat oven to 400° F.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, chives, salt, and pepper.
- 3In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
- 4Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and tilt to coat the sides.
- 5Add the egg mixture to the skillet and crumble the cheese over the top. Bake until the eggs are puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.
- 6Cut into wedges. Divide the soufflé, salad greens, and tomatoes among plates. Drizzle the greens with the oil and serve with the lemon.
- 7Calories From Fat 72 %
Fat 23 g
Sat Fat 9 g
Sodium 688 mg
Carbohydrate 4 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugar 3 g
Protein 16 g