Scotch Eggs with Mustard Sauce
1 1/2 lbbulk sausage
1 tspdried sage
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
4 slicewhole grain wheat bread
1/2 call purpose flour
·oil for deep frying
3 Tbspstone ground mustard
1 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Scotch Eggs with Mustard Sauce
- Toast bread to golden brown. Cut into pieces and place in food processor. Grind into bread crumbs. Taste way better than using store bought bread crumbs. Hard boil 4 of your eggs, peel and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, the sage, the thyme, and the cayenne, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, and flatten each portion into a thin round. Enclose each hard-boiled egg completely in 1 of the sausage rounds, patting the sausage into place.
- Set up dipping station. First bowl is flour, second bowl beat the remaining two eggs well, and the third bowl is the bread crumbs.
- Now take your sausage encased eggs and dredge them in flour. Let excess fall off. Dip in beaten eggs, again letting excess fall off. Lastly gently roll in fresh bread crumbs.
- Fry 2 eggs at a time in 350 degree preheated deep fryer for 10 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice together. Serve with Scotch Eggs.