Savory Cereal Bowl: Green Eggs & Ham!
You can make these with any hot cereal, Oat Meal, Cream of Wheat or Rice. I prefer savory cereal to be grits!
How to Make Savory Cereal Bowl: Green Eggs & Ham!
- cook grits according to package directions. season with salt & pepper and/or butter if desired. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Cook an egg over easy and brown ham in a small frying pan. I do this at the same time in butter flavor cooking spray, but you can use butter and/or olive oil if you prefer.
- Slide egg into bowl overlapping grits. Place ham net to egg leaving a bit of extra space on the bowl.
- In the same pan you used for the egg and ham, saute spinach and garlic for about 30 seconds, just until wilted. season with salt and pepper. Add to the empty space in your bowl.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with fresh chopped parsley.