Sausage Skillet Supper
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I loved this one dish breakfast skillet... All the flavors are spot on. If you like your eggs over easy, just cook them for half the suggested time. I can't wait to try more add-ins like green peppers or even green chilis. The possibilities are endless! The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- ground sausage
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onion
- 16 oz
- pakage cubed frozen potatoes
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 6 large
- 1 c
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make Sausage Skillet Supper
- 1In a nonstick or cast iron skillet, brown up bacon pieces. Drain, but reserve 3 Tablespoons of bacon drippings. Set aside.
- 2To bacon drippings, add the whole bag of broken up bag of frozen potatoes and chopped onion. Stir until potatoes are browned and onion is translucent. Set aside.
- 3In a separate skillet, brown sausage. Add sausage to potato-onion mixture. Add bacon. Stir until combined.
- 4Evenly spread out mixture in skillet. Make 6 wells in potato mixture. Break 1 egg in each well. Cover and cook on low until eggs are set, about 8 min.
- 5Uncover and sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Cover again until cheese is melted.